- Nebbiolo d'Alba DOC
- 100% Nebbiolo
- Spontaneous fermentation from indigenous yeasts
- Maceration and fermentation in open steel tanks
- Malolactic fermentation and ageing in French oak tonneaux of 500 liters
- The 2009 Valmaggiore "sibi et paucis" was aged a further 4 years after the original release date of September 2011 in the perfect conditions of Luciano's personal winery cellar.
- First vintage: 1994
- Vineyard in the village of Vezza d'Alba: Valmaggiore
- Alcohol: 13,5%
- Recommended drinking time: 2011 – 2022
VALMAGGIORE Nebbiolo d’Alba 2009
Delicate garnet rose color. Aromas and flavors of roses, berries and red fruits, with an appealing and delicate licorice streak, minty and menthol notes.
In the mouth, excellent acidity and fruit balance, with strawberries and red raspberries dominating the flavors, a ripe but dry tannic bite tempered by sweet fruit and an expansive finish.
Ratings for the vintage 2009
Wine Advocate 92 points
Stephen Tanzer 89+ points
Wine Spectator 88 points
I Vini di Veronelli 3 stelle
Evolution of the vintage 2009
The 2009 vintage will be remembered for the unusually heavy winter snowfall. Combined with a fairly wet early spring, this restored the ground water supply, which was low after several dry seasons.
After April 30 the weather returned to normal and the germination was uneventful and even, thanks to little rain in May and above-average temperatures.
The summer was characterized by low rainfall and periods of above-average heat. The vines had a regular linear development in all phenological aspects.
Good climatic conditions accompanied the end of the growing season and brought the grapes to optimum ripeness.
Harvesting took place between the 29th of September to the 7th of October.